Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Counting my blessings

I hope I haven’t moaned too much and given off too bad an impression of the students here, so here is a random selection of nice moments from the past few days.

- A pretty student of mine from last year told me my beard was ‘too beautiful.’ (‘Beautiful’ is their favourite word, everything is beautiful).
- The students often tell me they have missed me, even if it’s not true. (I don’t mind)
- I stayed behind a bit to help a struggling student and he gave me a cigar. I sometimes get cigarettes as well!
- Had very productive sessions with two intermediate groups teaching transition / cause and effect words.
- One very nice inquisitive student always asks me questions about English I can’t answer, but I like his enthusiasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment