Friday, March 19, 2010

Academic Support

Academic Support has re-started! Woop woop! What this means is that student volunteers sit around and wait for other students to come and ask them to do their homework. I am supposed to be Academic Support Co-ordinator, which sounds good and will look good on a CV, but all I have to do is sit in on some sessions, nodding sagely and being the respected foreign teacher guy.

Met a nice volunteer who I felt bad for as he can’t travel anywhere cos he was in prison for 27 days two years ago, and that will follow him around like a reet bugger. I asked what it was for and he said weapons dealing and planning to attack Israel. I asked him if it was true and he said ‘Not really.’ Ha ha!


Also the volunteer girls in Academic Support were practicing conversation, with very heavy topics like ‘Have you ever contemplated suicide?’ and they were all very pious and serious which was a right royal bore. After it finished a girl told me I looked like I had a real sadness behind my eyes. I don’t think I do?! Or maybe we all do, readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment